7K RS summer holiday work
YEAR 7 SCHOLARSHIP
SUMMER HOLIDAY WORK 2014
1. Do the worksheets you have been given.
For each topic:
- Look up the relevant bible readings and read them thoroughly.
- Look up the relevant chapter in your text book and read the background to the topic. This is important, and will help you a lot, so read carefully and THINK about the points it is making.
- Test yourself, or get someone to test you, on the details of each bible reading.
- Answer the worksheet questions.
David and Bathsheba; David and Nathan:
2 Samuel ch 11, v 1-17and 2 Samuel ch 12, v 1-14
(P. 50 to 54, text book)
Worksheets: Up to Speed: David and Bathsheba
People abusing power
Flow chart – the story of David and
Solomon’s wisdom 1 Kings 3
(P 56 - 61, text book)
Worksheets: True or false? (2 pages)
Q and A: Solomon
2. Make sure you know the other topics that you were asked to revise for the summer exam.
3. Past paper
Do the past paper you have been given. It is probably best for you to try it without adhering to the set time. Instead, give yourself as much time as you need to think about the questions, so that you can answer fully and carefully.